Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The End Is Near

2008 is quickly coming to an end. I hope that each and every one of you had a blessed Christmas. This was by far the best Christmas that Erin and I have ever had. I hope to have some pictures of Carragin's first Christmas up by the end of the day.

This has been by far one of the best years that I have ever lived in my 26 years of existence hear on the earth. God blessed us with our first child, and the blessings just kept coming all year long. We are eternally grateful for the mighty hand of God which guides and provides.

There are several things that I wanted to blog about, but then on the way to work this morning I heard a song on the radio by Kenny Chesney called Down the Road. Yes, I listen to country music. No, it is not wrong for Christians to listen to country music. Just needed to get that off my chest. There is one line in the song that hits the nail right on the head.

It says "her momma wants to know, are you washed in the blood, or just in the water." Wow does Kenny get it or doest his writer get it. I don't know but someone gets it. The point is that being baptized does not mean Salvation in Jesus. The only way for you and I to be saved is to be washed in the blood of Jesus. To a lost person this way seem a little weird. All that it means is that you have got to put your faith in the Son of God. You must repent of your wrong doing and accept that Jesus died on the cross for your sins.

So, if today you are banking on going to heaven because you were baptized as a baby, or if you one day you were baptized but there has never been a change in your life, then you have just been washed in water. Your greatest need today is to be washed in the blood. Take this little country song and learn that the way to heaven is not through baptism but through faith in Jesus Christ.

No comments: