Thursday, January 24, 2008

Refreshed and Renewed

We got back yesterday from one of the most productive staff retreats that I have been on since coming on staff here at Rock Springs. We planned the calender for the year, ate, planned some more, ate, planned some more, and ate some more. It was good to get away. One thing I did realize was that I am totally addicted to the Internet. We went off to a place where there was no Internet, no cell phone service, and the nearest place to eat was 30 minutes away. It was nice for a change.

Now its back to the every day grind of the ministry. While up there one thing came to mind. Why do we do what we do? For a pay check, self gratification, to have something to do, or maybe its just to support our families. None the less its a question that we should ask our selves daily. We do what we do because its what God has called us to do. Its the joy of seeing boys and girls come to know Christ for the very first time, its the joy of seeing adults find their place in ministry, and its the joy of knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of others. The before mentioned things are good, but that's not why I do what I do. Its the joy of knowing that I am doing exactly what God has called me to at this point in my life.

Prayer Request- Last night a bus carrying children from Lakeview Baptist Church in Pickens, SC had a bad wreck. From what I know there were several children that were injured and in bad shape. Please join me as we pray for all involved in this tragic event.

No comments: