Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Whole Heart

Today was a spiritual whooping from God. You know there is a difference between a whipping and a whooping.

I am currently reading A Godward Life by John Piper and in today's chapter God laid the smack down on me.

2 Chronicles 16:9 says "the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show his might in behalf of those whose heart is WHOLE toward him."

So God ask me the question. Is your heart whole towards me? That's when I hit my knees and begged for forgiveness. So many times in our lives we left stuff get in the way of our relationship with God. God demands that he have all of us. That our hearts be WHOLE towards him. Its him plus nothing. I wish that I could live my entire life and never have to worry about this. The problem is, it is an everyday thing that we must desire.

I want nothing more than my heart to be WHOLE toward God. That means I must guard myself from the things that would hinder this. I know what those things are for me. They are probably different for you. The point is that we must wake up everyday with the attitude that in all things today my heart will be WHOLE toward him.

God's promise to us when our hearts are WHOLE toward him, is that he will unleash is might upon us.

No comments: