Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Love My Job

Just recently I have found some new energy from somewhere. Don't know if the kids going back to school and the craziness of summer dying down got me in some kind of lull, but I know that my vision and energy is back.

It is something that ministers have to guard against. Losing vision and passion. It is easy to go through the motions. Come in on Sunday, make your rounds in BF (Bible Fellowship), sit through service, come back Sunday night, come to work, TeamKid on Wednesday night, go through the weekend, and then do it all over again. For some reason from time to time it just seems like there is something missing. ME!!! Sure I was here physically but I was the one missing.

That's when God said "Its not about you Bubba, Its all about ME"!!! When we realize that our ministry is not about us, its all about HIM, then God can do something in that ministry. Once I realized this energy and passion have once again dominated who I am.

Now more than ever I fell that I am connecting with my teachers, students, and volunteers. Is there room for improvement? Of course, but God is definitely up to some big things around here. I wish everyone could have been in our CW (children's worship) service this past week.

The energy in the room was crazy. Not the out of control energy that a lot of 1st- 5th graders have, but it was a different energy. I felt as though the kids not only connected to the songs, and to the message, but I really felt that they connected to our Savior. That's what church should be about. Not about songs, sermons, and personalities, but about connecting people to the Savior through those things.

I just finished next weeks lesson, and I am pumped.

No comments: