Friday, February 13, 2009

Pray for Your Child Part 2

Who taught you how to make decisions? I have to give credit to my family for teaching me how to make decisions in my life. I have seen my uncles become very successful businessmen. I still remember the conversation my uncle had with me right after I got married about how to handle success. My father has taught me how to live with integrity and passion.

If you don't spend time teaching your children how to make good decisions then someone else will. It might be the TV, or maybe the wrong crowd at school. Satan wants nothing more than to ruin the family by offering bad decisions each day.

We as parents must take this God given responsibility to heart. While I do think that it is important for us to learn from mistakes, and for our children to make decisions own their own, it is our job to teach them how to make the right choices.

2. How to Teach Decision Making to a Child

A. They must see examples of good decisions- show them how to make good decisions.

B. We must teach them the principles of right and wrong- teach God's Word to them.

C. We must make the commitment to do right ourselves- if they see us being disobedient to God's Word, they will never learn. Are you committed to doing what is right.

D. Allow them to make small mistakes- this provides great teaching time. When your child makes a mistake use it as a time to teach them, not just punish them.

No comments: