Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pray For Your Spouse

Last week I did a four part series on praying for your child. It is amazing how God uses prayer not only to bring us closer to him but to bring us closer to our children.

This week I will be blogging about praying for our spouse. God has blessed me with the most amazing women in the world. She is my hero, my help mate, my best friend. Outside of Christ, she is the most important person in my life. God has commanded us as men to be the spiritual leaders of our home. It breaks my heart that I sometimes don't live up to that calling on my life.

One thing I can say is that no day ever goes by that I don't call Erin's name out in prayer. Over the next couple of days we will be talking about 1) Why couples should pray together, 2) ten things to pray for concerning your spouse, 3) suggestions on praying together, and 4) your private prayers for your marriage.

Some of mine and Erin's most intimate moments have been when we pray together. I wish I could say we are spiritual enough that we pray every night together, but those of you with little babies at home know how unpredictable they can be. What I do know is that God has spoke to me clearly about setting a time for Erin and I to pray every day no matter what is going on.

If our marriages are going to be what God intends them to be then prayer must be a part of our lives. You need to be praying as an individual and you need to be praying with your spouse. Satan is after the family and we must do everything in our power to prevent him from getting in the back door.

No comments: