Friday, September 21, 2007

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

I thought this was the perfect way to describe this week.

So the Friday Five looks back at this week and ahead to what hopes to be a great weekend.

1. The Good. Its always good to get away for a day or two, and that's what we did as a staff on Monday and Tuesday of this week. We headed up to stay in a house that overlooked Jones Gap state park. I would try to describe this place to you, but no one would believe how awesome this place was. It was great to get away as a staff and hang out, where no cell phones worked and no wireless Internet. Which brings us to #2.

2. The Bad. As we all know when you spend a day or two with people that you love, something is bound to go wrong. Let me tell you it did. It all started with a little sneeze and a runny nose, it ended with 4 out of the 7 sick and CVS a whole lot richer. Seems like when one person gets it we all get it. So though the retreat was fun and productive, it also made some of us sick. If you know anything about any of us, we cant afford to be sick. There is just to much to do, to be stuck in the bed hocking up stuff. OK so that might have been more than you wanted to know.

3. The Ugly. I am not the one who likes to be sick. As a matter of fact being sick vacuums (think about what a vacuum does). I don't do the sick thing well at all. I whine, complain, and don't want to do a darn thing. So when I get sick, which is not much, then I do just that. It drives my wife crazy. Being sick is an ugly thing, I'm just glad its Friday and I am some what better.

4. USC travels this weekend to Baton Rouge, LA. tho face the #2 team in the nation. With the events of this week I have not thought much about this game. But today is Friday and I just made my picks in the weekly Pickem contest that I am apart of. They odds makers say that LSU is favored by 16 points. I don't know if we can go down there and pull off the upset or not. What I do know is that we have Steve Spurrier and I would never count him out. We may get beat but it want be by more than 16.

5. I AM GOING TO GET SOME REST!!!!! I AM TIRED OF BEING SICK!!!!!!