Friday, September 14, 2007

It's Here

the weekend. Finally, this has been a very long stressful week. I am glad that the weekend is here and that means college football.

So here's the FRIDAY FIVE!!!!


1. Let me send my thoughts and prayers to the Oxandine family. I considered Mr. O a teacher, supporter, encourager, but most of all friend. The Easley High School community has lost one of their best. Mr. O will be missed by us all. My God comfort his wife, children, and family members during this very difficult time. Because of Jesus we can make it through these times in our lives.

2. Tonight should be a very emotional night on the Easley High campus. Tonight is Homecoming as the Greenwave take on Boiling Springs. Last week the Greenwave got by Liberty 21-20, and Boiling Springs enters tonight's game undefeated. Hopefully the weather will be good, and this will be an entertaining game. No doubt the events of this week will be on everyone's mind, but as we all know Mr. O may not be their physically, but he will be there and I can imagine that he will be yelling at the refs even up in Heaven. Go Wave!!!!

3. Tomorrow I will take my sister to her very first South Carolina game. I am looking forward to here experiencing the sights and sounds that is Carolina football. The best part of the game may come at halftime. From what I hear the SC State band will be there and doing a show at the half. If you have never seen them perform you have missed something. They are great. As for the football game, I think Carolina takes care of business early and then we get to see some of the young guys play. My prediction SC-54 SC State-14

4. Clemson want have it as easy as they may think. Furman rolls into Death Valley looking to pull an App. State. Last time Furman came into the Valley, Clemson held on for a 24-17 victory. For all you Tiger fans that think I am crazy, let me remind you that Furman almost beat UNC last year, and went to Pitt. a couple of years ago and had them beat until Pitt. won in OT. So this game might not be as easy as you think. With all that said, I do believe that Clemson's speed will be to much for the Paladins. My prediction Furman 17- Clemson-27

5. This Sunday is going to be awesome here at Rock Springs. We will have a 10am service only with no Bible Fellowship. Though we all worship together on Sunday nights, it is going to be great having one morning worship service. The place should be packed, and I hope that you have prayed about what God would have you give to our new building campaign. Then Sunday night is going to be just as good. The choir will be singing a number of the songs that they recorded on their new CD "I Rest My Case At The Cross." After the service you will have a chance to purchase the CD. Remember we are not doing this to show off the choir or to make money on a CD. We are doing this to showcase our wonderful Savior, and through this we pray that someone would come to know Jesus in a personal way. I can't wait.

No comments: