Monday, November 5, 2007

Bright Spot in the Darkness

Well this weekend was not a good one when it comes to the teams that I pull for. On Friday night I left a football game for only the third time ever. Wren absolutely beat the crap out of Easley. Wren scored 51 unanswered points to win the game.

Saturday was a good day up until 8:00pm. Erin and I had a great time in Greenville shopping and out at dinner. We came home put up some new curtains and then it was time for the USC game. Four hours later, Arkansas had run for 530 yards and scored 48 points. We only scored 36. Not a good night.

So far the weekend had been very dark. Then came Sunday. I had the opportunity to lead a 50 something year old man to faith in Jesus Christ. During the invitation he came down crying in need of something. After I short talk, I ask him did he want to be a changed man. Usually I would then lead in the prayer, however this time I let him pray. He called out to Christ, repented of his sins, ask for forgiveness, and ask Christ to be his Savior.

That's what it is about. I'll take losing every game of the year if it means me getting to lead people to Christ every week.

Here's to a wonderful week.

No comments: