Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Dynamic Church

Wow what a great day. It all started this morning when I got a phone call from our education minister asking was there anyway that I could preach tonight at the church. The guy scheduled to speak was sick and Pastor wanted to know if I had a sermon ready to go.

That is kinda like asking a pro baseball player if they like all the money they make.
The cool thing was that I had been working on a message for about 3 weeks now and was just waiting for the right time.

I preached tonight on the 3 Elements of a Dynamic church. I am going to post the video on youtube tomorrow, and then on here if I can figure out what I am doing. This is so my family from out of town can watch it without me having to mail it out on DVD. I love this new tech stuff. Some of you may want to watch it as well.

Acts 11:19-24

Element 1- Evangelize the Sinners- Whether it is the church or an individual Christian God calls us all to spread His gospel to all that we come in contact with.

Element 2- Encourage the Saints- The Christian life can sometimes be very difficult to live. Sometimes we all just need to be encouraged by someone. In this passage Barnabas is mentioned to have gone to the church of Antioch to encourage them. We all need a Barnabas and to be a Barnabas.

Element 3- Enrich ourselves through the Scriptures- God's word must be a part of who we are. We can not do element 1 and 2 without first doing number 3. God's word must be the center of our Homes, Lives, and Church. If not we need to make it the very center of all that we do.

You can see and hear the sermon if I can get it posted tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.