Saturday, November 29, 2008

Great Way To Start Vacation

This year Erin and I decided not to go on vacation for several different reasons. The main reason was that she was with child and it would have been miserable for both of us. Since we didn't go anywhere we decided that I would stay home with Carragin while she went back to work for a couple of weeks to finish out the year. So, my vacation actually started Wednesday night after church.

I am looking forward to spending this time with my daughter. Please pray for Erin as she will be going back to work for these last few weeks. This will be the first time she is away, and I am sure she will be stressed. Pray for me as I will be on the clock full time starting Monday morning. Pray for Carragin that she will have a good week.

So my vacation got off to a great start with that award winning performance today by the Gamecocks!! I mean, how in the heck can you not show up for the biggest game of the year? How can you have one of the best coaches in college football history up against an interim head coach and get your heads beat in? How do you leave a QB in who could not throw the ball in the ocean sitting on a boat in the middle of the Gulf? I am beginning to think that the Chicken Curse may be for real. I am tried of this crap year in and year out.

OK now that I got that off my chest. Carragin has changed me in many ways, none more evident then the way I felt after this game today. I simply went in to the other room, picked her up, she smiles that big smile, and the game is now a far memory.

So here's to a week off......of work!!!!!

No comments: