Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hump Day



Not sure why the call Wednesdays "hump day." I guess it is because its the middle of the week and if you can get over the "hump" then the rest of the week will be good. Other then that I have no clue. My good friend Jonathan says that it is b/c its all downhill after Wednesday.




I learned something last night from my dog (he is much bigger now). Dogs cant talk to us (well some people think they understand what the are saying). When he needs more food, he asks (barks). When he needs to go outside, he asks (barks). If he doesnt do these things then I would never know what he needed. I may know that he needs more food because his bowl is empty, or that he needs to go outside because it has been a while since the last potty break. However, he lets me know anyway.

It's the same way with our God. He knows that we need strength, he knows when we need a financial miracle, he knows everything that we need and when we need it. However, he is waiting on us to ask him for those things. Jeremiah 33:3 says for us to call upon the Lord, and he will show us great and mighty things which we do not know. In other words, God wants us to be totally dependent upon him. Just like my dog is dependent on me to take him out and give him food, God wants us to depend on him for everything.
In no way shape or form am I saying that we are all dogs and need to ask to go to the bathroom or to be fed, I am just saying that we need to be dependent on HIM!!!!(JESUS)

No comments: