Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Gift of Salvation

Hey yall, that sounds about as country as country can be. I hope that you are enjoying Michael Phelps absolutely destroy his competition in the swimming aspect of the Olympics. Oh, and by the way at last count the USA was ahead in the medal count.

Ok, enough about the Olympics and on to other things. I had the privilege to share in a devotion for the teachers this morning at Hunt Meadows Elementary School. In a world where they are doing everything that they can to keep God out of schools, I applaud them for taking a stand. I pray that God blesses them in ways they cannot understand.

Now on to the gift of salvation. A couple of weeks ago the pastor shared a quick little three point sermon inside of he sermon. A lot times we often jot these down but don't pay attention to them. However, these three points have stuck with me for a couple of weeks now.

1. I am saved from the penalty of sin. This means that we don't have to suffer the penalty that sin brings with it. What is that penalty. DEATH!!! The moment that Jesus came into my life I was saved from having to pay the debt of sin which is DEATH!! See Jesus paid that debt for me when he died on the cross. I now have LIFE in Jesus!!

2. I am saved from the power of sin. This means that Satan has no power over my life. When Jesus saved me he filled me with the Holy Spirit. Thus meaning that I am no longer under the power of sin, but rather I am now under the power of the Holy Spirit. This enables me to live the life that God has called me to live.

3. One day I will be saved from the presence of sin. What a day that will be. Because I am a relationship with Jesus the Bible declares that I now have an eternal destiny. HEAVEN!! In heaven there will be no sin. I don't have to worry about messing up in heaven. I don't have to worry about making mistakes in heaven. In heaven I will be complete and saved from the presence of sin.

Until then may he find me faithful to HIM!!!

No comments: