Monday, August 25, 2008

How Great Is Our God

I have been listening to this song since last night. You can check it out in my play list at the bottom of the page. Let me explain why this song is so powerful to me right now.

I get to church last night and sit in down to get ready for the service. I notice a guy walks in. I could tell this was probably his first time at our church. He had on shorts, a t-shirt, and a hat, which I will explain why in a bit. It may have been the first time he had ever been to church. I begin to pray "God do something tonight that will blow our minds." During one of the song sets we ended with My Chains are Gone (also can be found at the bottom). I knew God was about to do something great.

There were some other things that were happening behind the scenes that I want go into. Just know Satan was trying his very best to stop what was about to take place. The man who had walked in seemed to be upset, bowing his head during many of the songs. During the welcome time I went to him, introduced myself, and welcomed him to our church. He introduced himself, and told me he was glad to be there. After talking with him for a moment something told me that this man was there for one reason.

I told my wife that if he came down during the invitation that I was going to talk with him. During the first verse here he came. I made my way over to him. After talking with him for a minute I asked him if he had ever been saved. He answered "I am not sure." I asked if he would like to know for sure. With tears coming down his face, he said YES!!! Last night David committed his life to Christ.

David was driving down the street (that's wear the clothing came in), saw the cars in the parking lot, and came in not knowing that God was about to change his life forever. I don't know a lot about David, but I know last night a man was driving down the road not intending to go to church, and God had another plan for his life. I know this morning David is a new man because of Jesus.

Please pray for David as he begins his new life in Christ. Pray that as we follow up with him, and finally pray that God would send more David's our way. Those driving down the street would get curious about what is going on inside our church and come right in.

As I was on the way home last night How Great is Our God came on the radio. I almost had a wreck because of the tears in my eyes. What a fitting way to end the day. It was nothing that I did, the church did, it was all because of our Great God!!!

No comments: