Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Is it Tuesday Already

Wow it is Tuesday according to my big desk calendar. I hope that the rest of this week goes by as fast as the first day of this week. However, I don't think it is going to happen.

Well this past weekend was not one that I want to remember. First, the USC baseball team went 1-2 against Vanderbilt. Second, Duke got beat by Clemson in basketball. Third, UNC won the ACC championship. Forth, Sunday night I got the worse headache a person could possibly get. I got home from church Sunday night, took some meds, went to bed, and woke up the next morning in the exact same position I laid down in.

As bad as the weekend was, I begin to think what this week is all about. The little pain that I went through this past weekend does not even come close to the pain that Christ bore on the cross. Why did he bear the pain? So that you and I could have fellowship with him. So that you and I could live forever. That's what this week and every week should be about. Its about Him.

So many times we get caught up in our own little pity parties and situations that we forget what Christ has already done for us. The Bible says that Jesus died and rose again. We don't serve a dead God, we serve a God who is alive. Lets celebrate that today!!

No comments: