Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yard Sale Time

With the temperature getting warmer more every day, it is time for the most redneck tradition of all. YARD SALES!!! I hate yard sales, and I am sorry if I have offended you with my remarks. I just don't get them. The only positive thing to come out of yard sales is you get rid of your junk and people pay for it.

With that being said, guess who is having a yard sale this Saturday? That's right, ME.

I did however figure this out about yard sales. In my haste to get rid of some of my stuff, I realized that it was hard to let some things go. You know, like that shirt that cost $60 that you haven't worn in over a year, or those pants that are just one size two small that you think you can get into later this year b/c you are going to lose weight. We tend to want to hold on to these types of things even though all they do is sit there and clutter up space.

It is the same way with the bad habit's and the sin that is in our lives. We tend often times to not want to let them go. It may just be one thing, it may be a couple of things, we just seem to want to hold on to them. See its easy for me to get rid of those pants that have holes in them, but it is not so easy to get rid of the other ones. Many people have this attitude when it comes to sin. We tend to get rid of the sins that we want too, and often times hold on to the ones we want too.

We say "God, you can have this part of my life, but I am going to hold on to this part." When we do this we are robbing our selves of the life God wants us to live. God wants us to let go of everything and hold on to nothing. He wants all of our lives.

Many of us need to clean out our closets both physically and spiritually. Just know the shirt that you get rid of will be replaced by something, and the sin that you get rid of allows God to place something of His into your life.

Until then........God Bless

No comments: