Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

I am just about finished with my 12 week Bible study which has challenged me in many ways. If you recall I posted several thoughts way back when. Today I want to share something with you that God has dealt with me over the last week or so.

Why are we here and what are we suppose to do each day of our lives?
I often go home and think at night this very question. Then these three things hit me based on 2 Peter 3:18.

"Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever.

1. Grow in grace. We are to grow in grace each day we live. One way for us to grow in God's grace is for us to be gracious to others. No matter what they have or have not done, how good or bad they have treated us, we are to be gracious to others. I pray that I will do this each day even though some days it will be tough.

2. Grow in knowledge. This can be done in many ways, but the easy way to do this is simply open our Bible and read it. The reason many of us are not growing in Christ is because we have neglected this part of our relationship with Christ.

3. Glorify Him. We are to glorify Him with our thoughts, emotions, and behavior. We must start everyday with the intentions of glorifying Christ in everything that we do. When we grow in grace and knowledge, then we will find that it is really easy to glorify God in everything that we do.

No comments: