Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Long Week That Was

OK, so I realize it has been a week since my last post, but I warned you that it might be that way.

Over the past week many things have taken place. Some really, really good and some not so good. So that I will not bore you to death, I will break it down to the two best and two worst things from this past week.

For the Good News
1. Erin and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat this past Friday. I am still amazed at this. To know that is my baby in there brings me much excitement. Many of you have ask what we are having. The answer is we have no idea. We find out next month. When next month you may ask. Well, that is for us to know and you guys to find out. Sorry!!! We are not telling anyone when that date is.

2. Easter Sunday. This past Sunday we celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus. Though we as Christians should celebrate this every day of our lives, we set aside this past Sunday as Easter Sunday. What a time we had in church. Our first service was absolutely packed (don't know about the 2nd, we went to eat with Erin's parents), and the pm service was awesome. The choir and orchestra did a wonderful job.

And for the Bad News

1. We laid to rest my step-grandfather on last Thursday. What a Godly man. Thanks to everyone who came by, stopped me at church, or came to the funeral, to offer condolences. Also, thanks to all who prayed for us last week. The service went well, and many people thanked me for the wonderful job that I did in the service (at lest that's what they said). Continue to pray for my step-dad and his family.

2. Duke lost. That's right my brackets are now completely messed up. As a matter of fact after they lost, I crumbled up my brackets and threw them away. There is now no reason for me to watch the NCAA tournament. Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments: