Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday 5

The children are now all out of school, its 1000 degrees outside, and VBS is next week. That could only mean one thing. SUMMER IS HERE!!!

1. VBS, VBS, VBS, VBS. Did I mention VBS. I am excited about what God is going to do next week. Pray that I will get out of the way and let God show up. There has been hours upon hours of hard work put in by a multitude of people. Now comes the fun part, sitting back and watching God use his people to do his work.

2. It's hot. Not sure how hot it is all I know is that it is hot. I think it is funny how when it was snowing just a few months ago we were wanting it to be hot, now that it is hot we want it to cool off. We just cant make up our minds can we.

3. Erin and Carragin. I am still amazed about the whole concept of being a daddy. Over the past couple of months God has began to do in me something that I cant explain. Every time I look at Carragin's ultrasound, I fall more in love with my savior, my wife, and my soon to be daughter.

4. New Book. I am reading What Every Christian Ought to Know by Adrian Rogers. Out of all the devotionals I have read this has to be one of the most powerful ones. Dr. Rogers is now with Jesus, but has left behind a legacy that will last a very long time. These short devotionals are packed with truths that encourage and challenge you to be all the Christ has for you.

5. VBS, VBS, VBS. oh and VBS.

Have a great weekend. I am going to try and give everyone a recap of what happens at VBS each day. No promises though.

No comments: