Monday, June 9, 2008

VBS Day 1

Wow what a day. This is the fourth year that I have been in charge of VBS at the church and this morning was by far the best first day we have had. When all the dust settled this afternoon we had lots of children and lots of adult help. I want to share a thought or two that God taught me today.

Last night I was anxious about many things today. As I was laying on the couch watching TV God just sat down in my living room for a face to face come to Jesus type meeting. It was just me and Him. Erin is visiting her mom and dad, the dog was asleep on the other couch, and it was on from there. I could not get Philippians 4:6 out of my head. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. So that's what I did.

Today God showed up. Everything that I worried about, stressed about, and bugged my volunteers about, God just seemed to take care of today. Its these little moments with God that I cherish the most. Its 1000 degrees outside today, and I am walking outside and it was like a cool breeze fell. I wish I could explain it, but it can only be experienced.

What I do know is this. If the children don't learn a darn thing this week, this children's minister has learned a life lesson, and I just got a little closer to Jesus then I have been in a long time.

My prayer. God do it again tomorrow.

No comments: