Monday, June 16, 2008

The Weekend That Was

With all the things going on last week I was not able to find much free time. When I did have a moment or two I was knocked out on the couch asleep. I thought you might want to know how the weekend went.

Last Thursday- During the invitation time we had 41 students respond to the gospel. Some of those were for first time decisions to follow Christ while, some wanted to know more about how to be saved, and others came who had been saved but never been baptized. God showed up and out this day.

Last Friday- This was our final day. We had a great week and it could not have been possible without all of our volunteers. I pray that VBS encouraged people to get more involved with our ministry as we seek to teach children about Jesus. I finally got home around 4pm jumped in the shower and then it was off to Myabis (I am pretty sure that's not how you spell it) for my niece's birthday.

Saturday- Prepared Childbirth Class. You don't want me to go into details. After that it was on to the ball field where we defended our title in church softball. That's right, Back To Back Titles.

Sunday- Fathers Day. When pastor ask that all the fathers stand up I wanted to so bad. I guess I could have gone up half way. I am ready for my baby to get here. After church we went to my dad's house to celebrate Father's Day. I was reminded how lucky I am to have such a Godly father. Also, I am reminded that I have a heavenly father who loves me no matter what.

That brings us to today. I told a lot of people that I was going to take today off and be on the golf course. Well that didn't happen.

No comments: