Friday, October 5, 2007

The Crazy Adventures of

Myself, Eric, Joey, Keith, Delk, and Jason. Yesterday was by far one of the best game day experiences that I have had since I have been going to the games at USC. It was also the second longest day of my life (the first was when game day was in Columbia in 2001 for the Florida game). I thought I would take you through it.

7:45am- I awake and jump in the shower. The game is on my mind but, I know it is still 12 hrs away.

8:30am- I arrive at work, spend time with Jesus, and then head off to the hospital where I hope to be an encouragement to those who are in there.

10:30am- I finish the hospitals and head home to change into my game day attire and play a quick game of NCAA 2008 on PlayStation 2. Final score Me- 91 Clemson-7 (it was great).

12:30pm- Everyone is now at Eric's. We get the car ready with our flags and magnets and head off to what we hope is going to be a great day for the Gamecocks.

2:15pm- We arrive in Columbia to a misting rain. We start to walk toward the stadium where we get a free Carolina Football T-shirt. Good day so far.

4:00pm- After a brief look at the Packman, we head to Bojangles to get some food. The stories told at that table were priceless. I needed all the laughter and boy did we laugh.

5:00pm- We head back to Packman where we all catch a Southern Fried Football T-shirt, listen to QCB and the whiner line. We then decide to go put all our stuff in the car. It is now just under hrs to kickoff.

7:46pm- Kickoff.



8:02pm- Eric Norwood scores one of his 2 defensive touchdowns of the game.

11:34pm- BALLGAME. The #8 Wildcats fall to the Gamecocks.

1:02am- I am about to die from lack of food (OK, not really, but it makes the story better). We stop in at the local Waffle House. Only one word to describe it PRICELESS!!!!!

3:15am- I finally pull into my driveway, jump on the couch (didn't want to wake Erin up), take a short nap, and then back to work.


The past 24 hrs have been great, now I will need to next 48 to recover.

No comments: