Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nice Surprises

I love surprises, and I love to surprise other people (especially my wife). Today I got a very nice surprise.

I am pumped. Just got off the phone with my mom up in NC. She has come through with South Carolina vs. Tennessee tickets. It is going to be a fun trip as we head up to spend the weekend with her and my step dad. We don't get to see each other a whole lot, so these times are special to us. On top of seeing her, we are headed to see the Gamecocks play! This should be a great weekend.

On another note, I was reading today in Psalm 75 this morning and God spoke in a powerful way. Here David is writing and he says "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near." Did you catch that. God is always near. In the hospital bed, "HE is near", driving in your car, "HE is near", in a financial situation, "HE is near", is your marriage on the rocks, "HE is near", don't know where to turn, "HE is near".

I don't know about you but I am thankful that no matter what "HE IS NEAR." So as you go through this day and the rest of your life, reach out by faith to Jesus for "HE IS NEAR."

Today God we praise you that no matter what we go through in this life we know that "YOU ARE NEAR" to us. We reach out by faith and claim this promise in the Bible that "YOU ARE NEAR" to us.

No comments: