Monday, October 15, 2007

Good Weekend

This was a pretty good weekend. Here is how it went.

Friday- I took Erin to the SC State fair. If you have never been you need to go. You will eat more greasy food then you have ever eaten in all of your life. It is the best food you have ever eaten. We meet Erin's mom and dad as well as her aunt and uncle. We had a blast. We even won a huge stuffed dog (not that we need it, but whats the fair without carrying a huge stuffed animal around).

Saturday- We had some friends over to watch the South Carolina game. We had a great time. The first half was great (Gamecocks lead 21-3). The second half not so great. Even though the Gamecocks pulled out the win (21-15) it was not pretty. But you know what they say " an ugly win is like having an ugly child, you wish it were different but you love them anyway.

Sunday- What a day in church. We started our first night of Death's Door. I really did not have a good feeling going into last night. That's when God showed up. It wasn't that I didn't think we had prepared enough, or that God wasn't going to show up. It was that uneasy feeling that you get because you want everything to go so well. And it did, from the videos, to the lights, to the sound, everything went very well. When the invitation was given, the altar was full of people wanting to make first time decisions to follow Christ. To God be the glory.

As I was leaving I get a phone call asking if I was still at church. I happened to be because a parent was late in picking up their child (I was getting upset and aggravated). Now I know why they were late. God had other plans for me. If the parents were 2 minutes earlier I would have already been on the way home, but instead I was able to talk to a 13 year old boy and he accepted Christ as his Savior. I was reminded again as I drove home after that exactly what ministry is. Its not about us, ITS ALL ABOUT HIM!!!!

No comments: