Sunday, October 7, 2007

Gut Check

Right now it is early Sunday morning. I am about to go off to staff prayer time and get ready for this day. Yesterday in college football was called "Gut Check Saturday." There were a lot of great games on and many of them involved teams that needed a gut check.

I think it is time that we as Christians needed a Gut Check. You know to find out who we really are. I am afraid that a lot of people do what some teams I watched on TV yesterday did. That is go throw the motions. There was no urgency, no emotion, no excitement, they just showed up and went through the motions of playing football. Many Christians do the same thing when they come to church. They come in sit in their same seat, sing the songs their told to sing, their is no urgency to see the lost saved. When we come to worship at church (because worship is actually everything that we do) we should do so with excitement for the one who has rescued us out of a fiery HELL and given us new life in him.

Two quotes to leave you with today.
1. Why is it that we want to complain and have a staff member go to the guy who comes into church with a pair of shorts on and a baseball cap and have him take his hat off, yet we have women every week who are half dressed and nobody ever says anything about that.

Let me preface this by saying that I hate losing. It makes me sick if I lose at anything, and when my team loses. This one hit me hard this morning.

2. Why is it that when our team loses that it ruins our whole week and bothers us so bad we cant stand it, yet when it comes to lost people going to HELL, we have no feelings on the matter and it doesn't move us at all.

Just some things to think about for this week.

No comments: