Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tuesday Two Step

I just got back from the big city of Atlanta Georgia. Once again I am amazed at how many people can actually be on one road at the same time. I would love to tell you where I stayed and what I had to eat while there, but you not not believe me. Lets just say that for a small town redneck like myself, it was a big deal.

1. Please pray. The reason for going to Atlanta was to see Griffin and his family before he had brain surgery today. The doctor talked like the surgery will be a good one. With that said, Griffin and his family need our prayers today. Lets pray that God would guide the hands of those working on him and that the recovery will be quick and easy. If all goes well they may get to come home by the weekend or early next week. We have seen God do some big things, I cant wait to see what else he does.

2. I have started a new devotional called "The Heart of the Problem." I went through this as a freshman in college and it had a major impact on my life. The other day I decided to pull it back out and go through it once again. In the days to come I will be sharing some thoughts of the day from the book. So far God has shown me new and fresh things while going through this book. Here is a quote from the book that has made the most impact so far.

"Do not underestimate the cleansing power available when anyone approaches God as a repentant sinner who has seen the sin and wants to be restored and renewed."

Wow. I would love to dissect this even more but you would get tired reading what I have to say. So in short, all I have to is that forgiveness is ours when we come to Christ, seeing our sin, repent of that sin, and truly want to be restored. Many people want to be forgiven of their sin but do not want to be restored. God wants to cleanse us and make us new again. Will you let Him?

No comments: